At the heart of Great Northern Rural Services are the communities we live and work in. A strong culture of lending a hand to those in need underscores what it means to be a part of the Great Northern Rural Services family.
We are actively involved in a wide variety of different local community initiatives, events and organisations, providing both practical and financial assistance.
Each year we provide much needed assistance in the forms of:
- Grass roots sponsorship by supporting local sporting groups
- Community sponsorship by supporting Apex Australia, local events, show days and memorial days
- Humanitarian sponsorship through Batavia Coast Rotary Club
- Health care sponsorship by supporting The Royal Flying Doctor Service, The Cancer Council’s Relay for Life and Telethon
- Safety sponsorship by covering Ambulance Standby costs for local sporting events
- Depression and suicide Prevention sponsorship by supporting causes such as the Black Dog Ride
- Farmer Drought Relief sponsorship by supporting causes such as the Eneabba Parma for a Farmer event
- Education sponsorship by supporting local groups such as the Holland Street School
We are also a corporate partner of Lifeline. This partnership aims to support the great work Lifeline does in crisis support, assisting those suffering with mental health issues and preventing suicide. With the support of Ruralco, its many partners and members, we are helping Lifeline extend its reach throughout rural and remote areas of Australia and make a positive difference to the lives of many.
Great Northern Rural Services is passionate about Australian local communities, so we take our responsibility to supporting the communities that support us seriously and we’ll continue to work with them to help make a difference.